If you are unable to control your online usage? or If you feel a need to spend more and more time online to achieve satisfaction ? ... then you may be one of an online addict. Here are 11 simple steps to recover from your online addiction:
1. Use a timer, alarm clock or software that keeps track of your online time and Net usage.
2. Rearrange your desktop, set things up so it's not so easy to lose track of time while using the computer.
3. Change your habits, if you tend to get online first thing upon awakening, choose something else to do first.
4. If Possible, make sure your computer is not in an isolated room.
5. Ask you're friends or the neared ones to remind or call you after few hours of your online activity.
6. Turn off auto sign-ins, use busy signals, and don't be afraid to delete and block people, use frequently invite you for chats on unproductive things.
7. Make sure you finish all your important chores first, and then perhaps allow yourself some online time as a reward.
8. Take a holiday, unplug every now and then and use that time to sort out priorities and goals.
9. Have the radio on, that regularly mentions the time of day.
10. Cultivate other interests, hobbies to stream line your online addiction.
11. Take a walk outside or meet your friends rather than sit down and log on.
Got any more suggestions for online addiction... do drop in.
How to find you are suffering from Internet Addiction Disorder !!